Reopening Friday, May 29th, 2020
Please read entire post for important information:
First - thank you from the bottom of our hearts! We are so incredibly grateful for the love and support the community has shown us during these challenging times. We have been working hard to ensure the studio's survival so that we are able to be here for you in the coming weeks, months and years.
As optimistic as we are, it's important to be clear: we are not out of the woods yet. We will be needing your support now more than ever. It is important to note that during our 2.5 month closure, most of our expenses remained the same. Plus, we will now be adhering to precautions which directly effect our income (ie: smaller class sizes).
As a result, here are some things to expect with our reopening:
- Class sizes will be reduced by nearly half. We will now be accepting 12 students per class, with 6 ft distance between. We have measured and placed stickers for mat placement.
- Prices have increased slightly (ie: $3-4 for our most common packages)
- For the time being, we can no longer offer "first class free" to new students. This will hopefully change in the coming months as our situation improves.
- Seniors (over 65) and students (valid ID required) discount will now be 10%
- We will no longer be sharing or lending out props, mats or water cups. Students will be asked to bring each of these things with them to class.
- We will be temporarily changing some of our eco friendly practices (ie: we will be switching to paper towel instead of hand towels)
- Doors will be locked in between classes to prevent "traffic" in the lobby. We are asking clients to wait outside or in their cars until the previous class has left and the staff have had a chance to wipe down all high touch areas with disinfectant.
- We will have less classes on the schedule for the time being as we assess the demand. We are hopeful that we will be able to afford to offer more classes based on your support and your purchase of new memberships.
- We are now enforcing a 2 hour cancellation policy for classes. This means you will not be able to cancel your classes after that deadline has passed and you will be charged for the no-show. If you have a punchcard, a punch will be taken and if you have an unlimited pass a $10 fee will be charged to your account.
- We ask that if you typically stay for back to back classes, that you perhaps consider staying for just one if all classes are at capacity. Share the love!
- Outside classes! We are currently working on a plan for more beach and other outdoor classes this summer. This would allow us to take up to 50 students per class.
- We are trusting that each of you will take it on upon yourself to monitor your own health and to stay home if ever you feel unwell physically. We are also trusting that if you have recently traveled (or have been in direct contact with someone who has traveled) that you will not attend class until self-quarantine has been completed.
- Masks. You are more than welcome to wear masks upon entering or leaving the building. However, it has been advised by medical professionals to not wear masks during physical activity as it can be dangerous. This is especially true with yoga as we engage in much breath work.
- Arrows have been placed on the floor of the lobby to direct the flow of "traffic". You will also see several signs depicting important information which we invite you to read.
- Several clients have offered to "forfeit" their previous memberships and purchase a new one as a type of donation to the studio. If this is something you'd like to do, please contact us.
- We are asking that clients please be patient as we work through the kinks and figure out how to evolve with the times. Please let us know your (kind) feedback.
Lastly, our teachers deserve a HUGE thank you. Each of them has found numerous ways to help the studio - either through donations, filming free classes, promotions etc. PLUS they have all volunteered to come back WITHOUT PAY for the first few weeks to help our studio. Please, please, please give them your most heartfelt thank yous. ❤️
Our new schedule is up on Mindbody for booking and we are still working hard behind the scenes to prepare for Friday! If you had an active membership before our closure, we are currently working on those extensions.
Yoga has taught us how to flow with change, to accept things as they are, and to find the beauty in all that is.
We hope to see each of you back on your mats - caring for your physical, mental and spiritual health.
We are so excited to see you, to raise our vibration and to heal together. 🙏